SUMMARY OF POSITION
Kindred Construction is a General Contractor and Construction Manager looking for committed individuals who take pride in their work to perform carpentry and framing services for our multi-use and multi-family projects spread across the Lower Mainland. With a steady portfolio of residential and commercial new builds, paired with tenant improvements and institutional projects throughout the Lower Mainland, we are looking for long-term employees to join our team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building foundations, installing framing, and erecting walls.
- Fitting and installing doors, flooring, stairs, windows and baseboards.
- Maintaining, repairing, and renovating private homes and wooden or concrete structures.
- Reading blueprints and drawings, preparing calculations.
- Measuring, cutting and joining materials using wood/steel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to travel to various sites around Metro Vancouver.
- Carpentry ticket or acceptable level of on-the-job training.
- Previous construction experience working on commercial, residential or tenant improvements.
- Ability to use small hand and power tools and precision measuring and testing devices, as well as equipment and materials applicable to the construction and carpentry trades.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Dedicated to quality and service and works productively with others.
- Any OFA training considered an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive wages & extended benefits after three months.
- Education allowances to support continued growth and career advancement.
- Commitment to keeping our people employed on a long-term and ongoing basis.
Kindred Construction embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in a serious way. We believe in the power of a shared table to bring people together in an environment of mutual respect – it is at the core of what we do. Kindred Construction is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination in the workplace. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing teammates without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental/invisible disability, marital status, and any other characteristic covered by appropriate law.